Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Gingerbread is Added!

I think it was the next year that we added the gingerbread on the top of the porch to look like the original. You'll see touches of gingerbread as I post garden pictures from around the yard because it's probably one of my top favorite things-like icing on a cake! I painted the porch grey and the brick green to match the roof. We also added landscaping around that time - something I wish we'd never done. Old houses didn't have all that commercial landscaping around the house. At least I researched plants that were popular at that time-spirea, hydrangea, lilac, roses, holly. I'll post pictures at another time of our fence project-it was a major undertaking- but well worth it~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!