Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Grandmother (My Father's Mother)

My grandmother - what can I say? I didn't really get to know her as much as I should have for which I deeply regret. She mostly lived out of town but I would visit her when I could and she would sometimes come and stay at my parents. She had a wonderful air about her and loved to tease people(which is where my dad gets it and I get it from him) and I liked to hear her laugh. She loved animals and had a beautiful mean furry cat just like I do and she still loved that cat even when it bit her. She had quite the sweet tooth (so does my dad-but my sister got that trait) and always had several bowls of candy in various places around her home. She was always kind and had a great smile and enjoyed her family. I really didn't know how sick she had gotten because she had moved to Peoria to stay with my aunt for the last year or so and then went to a nursing home. I hope that she knew that I loved her even though I didn't get to see her at the end and tell her so.........


Caroline Riley

MATTOON - Caroline C. Riley, 88, of Mattoon died at 7:15 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 27, 2010) at Fondulac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center in East Peoria. A graveside service will be 1 p.m. Thursday at the Dodge Grove Cemetery. Schmidt-Haller Burial and Cremation Services in Peoria is in charge of the arrangements. She was born June 8, 1921, the daughter of Leon and Clara Marie Oliver Fitzpatrick. She married Harry G. Burwell. She later married Wayne Riley in 1987; he died in 1995. Survivors include three sons, Gerald L. Burwell of Lewistown, Harry L. Burwell of Eureka, and Harold E. Burwell of Mattoon; one daughter, Patsy M. Parker of Sunnyland; one sister, Helen M. Edwards of Toledo; 13 grandchildren; 38 great-grandchildren; and 12 great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!