Friday, August 13, 2010

An Anniversary Trip

My husband and I met 17 years ago today-Friday, August the 13th. It should have been an omen. I know, I must have been only 12 because how can I be still 29? Anyway, we really don't get to do much traveling because we don't want to kennel our 3 dog and 3 cats(they're all rescues and I don't want them to feel abandoned again), so we went on a day trip to Indianapolis. I've been wanting to go to this cute little shop I saw on Flickr for over a year called The Girly Chic Boutique. It was worth the trip. Broad Ripple has so many cute shops and places to eat! By far though, this shop was the top of my list! You'll see why when you see the pics. This is Annie. I had to call her 3 times before we got there because we kept getting turned around with all the one way streets. She was so helpful and kind(hope the owner see's this!). When we did arrive-she was even more kind. She showed me around and then just let me browse and take pictures and oh and ah about everything. Thanks Annie! If you're in the area-definetely stop by-my husband bought me the cutest ruffly dress with roses on it-can't wait to wear it!
Love the little doll legs in the case -so many interesting display pieces!

I just love what these antlers said in the fitting room-Please do not hang things on my antlers because it gives me a headache, thanks the deer-things like that make it fun!

Inside the fitting rooms were so cool too-and Annie let me peek into the back-she was such a sweetie!

I love this little houses-I began collecting them about a year ago when I found out about this shop-just too cute not too!

There were so many great chandeliers and even one that is shaped like a ship(wish I gotten a pic of that)!

Display goodies from "Goldbug Studios".

Display of goodies from "Theatre of Dreams" and other fun stuff!

I wanted to get my picture taken-but where-everyplace was so cute-so I decided next to this rather tall mirror and huge birdcage with what else in it? crinolines!

The shop entrance sign was right when you walk in. Love the mirrors hung with pretty ribbon. I do that in my bathroom!

The sign "Rooms with Private BAth" -how fun is that!

This WISH banner is so fun and I love the green flaky tin as a border. The owner uses all different kinds of architectural details around the store.

Here we are eating our lunch at a mexican restaurant in Broad Ripple. Come back tomorrow and I'll show you the other place we stopped!

5 comments:

  1. This IS cute!! How awesome you got to take pics and have a 'private' tour! Happy Anniversary(you look great for 29 btw!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip!!! It looks like you had so much fun! That shop looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day you had! I wish we had even 1 shop like this in my area! We don't!!! Can you believe that!!! Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog and for leaving such sweet comments. I will be back to visit you again and again - what a pretty blog! I love the bed on the wagon being pulled by the antique tractor! And, all those chandeliers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling shop!!! I am so glad you got to go to it. . . cuz you just took us, too!!! Hope you and your hubby takes lots more of those wonderful day trips!!! I know what you mean about leaving your fur babies.....I have a hard time with it, too......even though my neighbor is kind enough to feed them and "talk" to them. She does!! We just have 2 kitties. . . and a grand dog!

    Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend! Happy anniversary! dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun trip. Sounds like your hubby is thoughtful to let you go shopping at this cute shop. He is a keeper. This shop does look like a fun place to check out. Mexican food is our favorite too. Thanks for sharing your special time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!