Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Rest of the Parlor

I got this couch thru an ad in the newspaper stating free Victorian couch, so I went to check it out . When I got there it was sitting in the driveway of a house that looked abandoned, but was not. IT HAD NO MATERIAL OR CUSHION-in other words it was just a frame of a couch. I almost didn't take it - but then I thought - it's free. Not realizing how much it would cost to recover it. I had to choose fabric the upholsterer had available- so I chose this. Looking back I would have liked something more historical. It sit very low to the ground and isn't very comfortable. I have yet to part with it due to the cost of re upholstery These are the by-fold doors that fold back a couple of different ways. My husband had them stashed away in a long closet upstairs and I drug them down -where they belonged! Over-all I'm pretty happy with they way it all turned out- now on to the bathroom-hopefully this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!