Thursday, December 16, 2010

Antique Children's Christmas Book Collection

Here is my ever growing collection of Victorian Children's Christmas Books. I started picking them up several years ago to use at our local historical home to decorate with and fell in love the the colorful covers. Most of them are in pretty rough condition-but I don't mind-they were probably well loved. This past Tuesday my husband took me antiquing for my birthday and I found this one-the Santa Claus Visit for only $3.00( I was so excited because they usually sell for more!). I really like this one because it has a blonde and brown haired girl on the cover(I collect things with both because my sister has brown hair!). I also bought this one for $15.00 at another store.

This was another new addition this year.


The rest of these are from years past-can you believe how many different ones there were-who would have known!~









I'm linking for Vintage Thingie Thursday at http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/ and
Deck the Halls Friday at http://tinselcompany.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I have several Christmas books but none like those? I have never seen the Santa books? guess not u must of bought them all! They are GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books look interesting despite their rough condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collection of books is fabulous ... love the oldies, Rebecca.

    Have a lovely winter's day ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your books are really neat, condition does not take away from their charm. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic collection, wonderful old books.
    They make me smile.
    Happy Holiday
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your antique book collection. What wonderful old books.

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic collection of vintage Christmas books!!
    Wonderful!!

    Merry Christmas!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic collection, the covers are all gorgeous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am Lovin your Birthday Books, What a wonderful Keepsake & I must say I am alittle Jealous, I absolutely LOVE the face of the Santa on the Santa Claus Big Picture & Story Book ~ He has the Sweetest Face! xox
    cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!