Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our Downstairs Bedroom

It's been a while since I did a little longer post and I took these pictures in January so I thought I'd share with you a few pictures from our downstairs bedroom. We have three bedrooms upstairs, but this is the one we sleep in off our parlor. I love this wall paper and have it on two sides. The bed belonged to my husband's grandmother, but we will be having it re-done because our littlest dog has chewed the posts on the end. I have a wonderful Eastlake tall headboard that I will be replacing it with while we have it re-done(I may want to keep it in there-Eastlake furniture is my favorite!) I love this precious picture of the little girl above the bed. I have several pictures of children praying. All my pictures I think are old. We have four Eastlake washstand's -this one is the least ornate.
I love prints with flowers in them!

My husband found this dresser in our smokehouse when he first moved down here in 1982(we didn't marry until 1994). It was in pieces and he had it re-done. His sister had this mirror hanging in her house in Chicago and I always admired it. When she moved to Oakland and her house was smaller-we had the chance to buy it from her. I love all the detail to it!

The picture is of William Riley that grew up in the house. I've tried to add some masculine items such as the black glove box and two black collar boxes . I have three old collars layed out underneath. The large cream book is titled "Married Life" and the smaller green one "Daily Promises". I have several hankerchiefs with a "C" monogrammed on them. Two handmirrors and a brush with an "R" on it(for Rebecca).

There is one window that goes out to the backporch. There used to be a door that went out to the back yard(in fact there used to be three doors off the back for ventilation) but now there's just one off the kitchen. My favorite kind of quilts are crazy quilts(love the different types of fabrics and random order!) so I also pick up crazy quilt pillows.

4 comments:

  1. Your wallpaper, antique dresser, and prints are just beautiful! Such a beautiful display on the dresser. I love that look. Thank you for showing us your lovely home and linking up
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom looks so inviting~ the wallpaper and your furniture , states this is home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved seeing more of the house!! Like the greens in the bedroom. I did not realize u had lived there that long??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there~ What a sweet bedroom~ Your floral wallpaper really warms it up and surrounds the space in cozy!! I love your vintage prints on the wall too- thanks for sharing this over at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!