Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ella Mae's Day

I'm so glad it's sunny today.  It will be a nice day to bury my Grams.  I can almost feel the heaven's shining down on the event. Wasn't my Gram's beautiful?  This is the picture I have at the Barn of her.  I had so many people who looked at this picture and even one man wanted to buy it! 
 I printed a copy of this picture of the sign for Ella Mae's Barn and tucked it into her casket.  The barn was a big deal to her.  She wanted something for her namesake and since I never wanted to have children-that wasn't going to happen.  But my Grams and I shared a love of junkin.  She took me garage saling before I could drive and she was my first person I looked to for fashion.  We both shared our love of dressing up for Halloween(she had some pretty good costumes thru the years!)  My Grams was always there for me-someone I could talk to and share secrets.  She will be missed by many at the barn-but mostly me!
Every time Grams came to the barn-she wore this shirt I had made for her.  The back of the shirt said "I'm Ella Mae" and believe you me-she made sure everyone knew it too!!! She was so proud. I had plenty of people thru the years at the barn ask me if I was Ella Mae-to which I had to explain it all and show them the picture if she wasn't there!  

 I love you Grams-Start the party up there-I can't wait for you to show me around when I get there!!!

5 comments:

  1. She will be with you every time you are in the barn, and you know that without a doubt.
    I am still sorry that you have lost her...but oh how lucky you were to have her in your life.
    When I think of you two, I think of all the times you dressed her up in goofy things for the holidays. I will be thinking of you all....
    love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute.
    So sorry for your loss.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PERSON.......AND YOUR LOVE FOR HER IS SO LOVELY.....SO MANY MEMORIES ARE LEFT FOR YOU BY YOUR WONDERFUL GRAMS.....I AM SO GLAD THE SUN IS SHINING FOR HER......GOD BLESS HER...
    RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching post, Rebecca! Your grandmother had lots of happy days surrounded by you--I know she'll be in spirit around you and you'll feel her presence often. Isn't it a true blessing to have a wonderful grandmother such as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rebecca....I'm glad you have such wonderful memories of your Gramma. She's probably got a place all picked out just for you...right next to her and Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!