Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Grams Things

 My grams didn't have much left to give.  A few items to my mom and she passed a few onto me. I love this old embossed box, perfect to keep all my treasures from grams.













If you lift the little girl's skirt-there are safety and straight pins stored.  The little purse is a compact.  I remember when she used to wear those watches.  The little sailor boy reminds me of my gramps.  And last of all....the little pink/white hair pins to hold rollers.  My grams used to be a hairdresser, so there were many days when she'd put those rollers that hurt your head in your hair.  I remember sleeping on those horrible things.  But one of the things I love...is all the time she took to do it!!!!   I miss you already Grams, but as I went to sleep last night, I knew you were happy in Heaven.  I knew you could see and were meeting old and new people and that you'd made the journey....and I know you'll be there when I arrive someday.

Miss you Grams!

4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO WARM AND CARING REBECCA.....I'M SURE YOUR GRAMS LOOKING DOWN AT YOU AND SMILING....
    WHAT WONDERFUL TREASURES YOU HAVE.....RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry to read about your Grandmother's passing. It is so hard to loose someone dear to us. This message is in the newspaper here in Florida with the obits. I think it has a special message. Here it is....."The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him or her alone and is therefore absolutely and irretrievable lost." God bless you and comfort you in your precious memories. Love, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful treasures you have of her! I used to have to sleep on those old brush rollers, too! UGH.
    Love the pink pins to hold the rollers in. I have a few of my mom's too. She rolled her hair every night or pin curled it.
    Mom wore those kind of watches and I have a couple of them in my treasure box. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things for you to treasure as you look at them and remember her, yet the treasures you store in your heart are more priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!