Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Reason to Be Thankful

Our farm used to raise turkeys!
My husband says to me last nite-you know, we have a lot to be thankful for-we have a nice warm house, plenty of food, jobs, and money in the bank to pay our bills. I tell him back-I thank God each nite before I go to bed for all these things and more(I really do try to thank him daily!). But the truth of it is that I can say all those things, but I really don't know how lucky I am-I try to-but I've never gone hungry(not even for a day), always worked hard to stay ahead to pay bills, never lost a loved one in a war, always had a place to call home, still have both my parents, both my husband and I are in good health and our families along with both of us have a relationship with Jesus Christ. I can't imagine living in some other country where some, if not all of these things I would not have. I wonder a lot why God put me here-in this place and this time but I know he has a master plan and I trust him completely!
I do feel blessed in so many ways-I feel honored to have met each and every one of you thru blogging and I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!


2 comments:

  1. I wonder the same thing sometimes Rebecca...about being where I am, instead of in a war-torn country with no freedoms. I thank God for the blessings He gives me every single day!
    Your post today is very comforting and inspirational for me. Thank you for having the boldness in Christ to write this.
    Love,
    Debbie@lakehouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, I am having a dinner party at 1515 on Dec 11 th would love to you and hubbie join us! or at least come by for open house from
    6-7! Some family will be there. ann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!