Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ella Mae's Green Nails

Mission Accomplished-Green Nails! She said she wanted them-and she got them! They're really more of a blueish-green, but she's rockin them. She's holding her own -but I'm trying real hard to help make the time we spend together something she can look forward to and something she won't forget!

Yesterday I arrived after she got her breakfast(usually I get there early so we can visit while she has to wait at least 1/2 hour). First thing she tells me-"I thought you wouldn't be here"-so today I'm getting there on time! She eats pretty good with me helping her, but she says she has to because the next meal she might starve.

My mom and her sister, Ann, are going to try and set up some shifts so we can try to be there for as many meals as possible. My mom told me that she says she likes me to help her best-so I ask her about this thinking we've just got a rhythm down. She says "you just do it" meaning she can depend on me and also I just keep shoveling it in(one more bite I'll say)!

When she's done eating -she's ready to go back to her room right away(she's been down there for over an hour-who can blame her!). She says to me" Can you get me out of here". I say"of course!". She says"because you bull your way through".

I love to hear the statements she makes-truthful-kinda like a child-you never know what she'll say!

I like to keep her guessing too-"Grandma-here comes the belly button ring!"

I'm joining Tickled Pink(or should it be-blue/green!) at http://www.504main.com/2011/03/tickled-pink-no-42-and-shabby-apple.html

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca that color is pretty cool. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD BLESS ELLA MAE, AND YOU.
    YOU ARE SUCH A SWEETHEART, YOUR HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE. LOVE HER NAILS, THEY ARE SPANKING HOT. TAKE CARE, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing this picture of your grandma makes me miss mine so much!! Enjoy your time with Ella Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, what precious time this is that you are spending with your Grandmother. She is all set for St patricks day! Enjoy each and every visit...I loved visiting with my Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun for you and your grandma! I hope she's telling you lots of stories from her life. I always loved hearing those from my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin the nail color. I remember visiting my hubby's grandmother (she was in a home) and all of the ladies would always gather around (his grandmother did not like sharing) and tell us stories. Enjoy this time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!