Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Tribute to Auntie Margaret

Yesterday was a very long, but special day. I was up at 4:00 am and my husband and I headed out for Chicago at 5:45 for a memorial service for his Great Auntie Margaret. She was an amazing 96 years young woman who inspired and delighted those around her. She always had a great story and quick wit, along with a smile on her face. She was a strong lady too having lived thru the death of her two children and her husband. Her pride and joy was her Grand-daughter, Lindsey. We were able to spend a wonderful time yesterday visiting with friends and family about her life and just catching up with relatives we don't see very often. I wanted to include program from her service because of her strong faith. The minister did a wonderful job.






Eric's sister, Nancy and Meg (Eric's cousin), grand-nieces of Margaret Cant, and Lindsey, her grand-daughter, all got up and spoke about Auntie Margaret. Their tributes were very heartfelt.


I always loved seeing Auntie Margaret because she was so kind and funny. She seemed to always have something interesting to share that she had experienced.

We were blessed after the service and dinner to get to go back to her apartment and choose several items to bring home to remember her by. We were very fortunate to get two pieces of history from our farm that I will be showing at a later date.


We arrived back home at 8:30 last nite tired but knowing that we had said goodbye to an Amazing Lady-Margaret Cant.

5 comments:

  1. HI REBECCA,
    SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR GREAT AUNT MARGARET. SHE LOOKS LIKE A VERY SPECIAL LADY. GOD BLESS HER, 96 YEARS OLD, AT LEAST SHE HAD A VERY FULL LIFE, BUT WILL BE MISSED. MY GRAM LIVED UNTIL SHE WAS 96 ALSO, TAKE CARE, RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, so sorry for your families loss. I realize she is my 2nd cousin, so i appreciate the information so I can update my files. I greatly appreciate it and we will remember her this year at the Galbreath reunion. I also sent a notice out to the family. Thank you for letting us know how special she was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also sorry for your loss. She looks the part of a great person in her picture. It's nice you have something special to remember her by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing the program with us. WOW...such a powerful and beautiful Mass that was held for her...The scriptures that were chosen are truly a blessing and one of great encouragement I believe to those that attended,,,and much comfort....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rebecca - this was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!