Saturday, December 11, 2010

Antique Stocking Collection




I've been collecting antique stockings for several years now. It started off when I began decorating our Historic Dr. Rutherford Home. I love history and began researching the traditions of Christmas. If you look back-we really haven't been doing this crazy decorating for that many years. In the 1800's they kept it very simple. The stocking hung up were their very own. I get so excited when I find one to add to my collection. As you can see, some of them have items inside-those are the ones I used to use at the historic house. I filled them with old-fashioned gift(another one of my favorite things to do-since I'm not crafty like a lot of you out there(even though I'd love to be!).
I'm joining The Second Hand Collection at http://tete-beyondthegardengate.blogspot.com!
To See my collection of pink stockings go to http://shabbypinkworld.blogspot.com/2010/12/pink-baby-stocking.html

5 comments:

  1. cousin Mary would love to see your stockings! See you tonight I hope! You will see other familar faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cool collection! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee! You have enough stockings for all of Whoville!!! Love it Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun collection! Those stockings sure could hold quite a bit of goodies, as I bet they really stretch out alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool! What a fun collection and more interesting than many of the modern day Christmas stockings.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I Love Everything and Anything PINK!